Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jesus In The New Testament: Blessed Through Abram's Seed

When Abram was 75 years old God appeared to him and established a covenant with him as recorded in Genesis 12;  “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you,  and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. Then, in verse 7, we read of another promise that God established with Abraham; The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your seed I will give this land. So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.

The Apostle Paul brings us back to the Abrianic covenant and to the promise made to the seed of Abram in Galatians 3:16; The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

Jesus Christ is our blessing. Because we bear the name of Jesus we are worthy and we are blessed. Through Jesus Christ all people on earth have been blessed and are being blessed. It is all because of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment