Friday, July 15, 2011

Where I Stand on the Homosexual Lifestyle

I know where I stand on homosexuality. I know what the Scriptures say about the homosexual lifestyle. I understand what the Scripture has to say about homosexuality, that it is a sin and that, like all sin, it is wrong and those that continue to practice this lifestyle will be judged for their sin.

Yet, as I have said in the past, I don't understand why so many followers of Christ have decided to paint homosexuals as the worst of the worst, the most sinful of the sinners. As I said to a man almost a month ago, we all face a struggle with sin and although you may not struggle with the sin of homosexuality, you should not condemn others who do. You see, just as I do with people that struggle with greed, lust, deceit, and so many other sinful lifestyles, I feel sorry for those dealing in the homosexual lifestyle. Why? Because they are caught in a bondage with sin that they are being told is not sin, is not bondage, is not wrong at all.

There is a lot of ignorance in our country today, on one side is the ignorance of the homosexual community; ignorant to the fact that it is wrong and demands correction, on the other side is the ignorance of the judgemental Christian community; ignorant to the fact that we are not to judge but to live a life of love and light, portraying Jesus Christ. So many tend to point to this lifestyle as that which is ruining our culture and our children when the truth of the matter is that there are many things ruining our future, and much of it has already been accepted into our churches and our homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment