Friday, July 15, 2011

WWJD: Immigration

I read the news everyday and find that more and more of it focuses on gay rights (with same-sex marriage rights being passed in several states and California passing a law to include prominent gay rights issues in their public school textbooks) and immigration (with much of the nations funds directed at protecting our boarders and deporting illegal immigrants). Perhaps you've read some of the same articles.

Just today I wrote a blog relating to my stance on the homosexual lifestyle, I know where I stand on this. But, I am not so sure where I stand on the issue of immigration. You see, as a follower of Jesus Christ, I think it best to find out what He thought, what He said, and determine how He would have acted if He had lived in the United States today. I've been searching the scripture for an answer on this and I have yet to find it.

So, I'm asking for some help here; tell me, what do the Scriptures have to say about immigration, about boarders between countries, and about protecting our own and taking care of other people and other lands AFTER we have covered our own desires first? Let me know through EmailTwitter or Facebook. I hope to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment