Friday, December 23, 2016

Bedtime Conversation

I'm not really sure how my bedtime conversation with our 10, 8, and 6 year-olds tonight turned to dictators, Kim Jong-Il, and the present conditions of North Korea...


This led to Bennett crying with great confusion as to why someone would run a country this way and great uncertainty about the future of  the people living under his regime. 


When I thought all was better and Bennett was calm, I left the room. 


Within minutes he was crying out again.


I went into the room to console him once again and I asked, "What has got you the most upset?" He replied, "That man that cares more about himself than he does about the rest of his people."


I then asked, "Have you prayed for him?" And our daughter, Addison, responded, "Yes! He keeps crying, and wailing, and mourning for him!" To which Bennett sits up straight in his bed, looks to the sky and raises his arms; " Dear God, help that Kim guy to start caring about other people and to stop killing people that love you."


I love these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment