Saturday, July 30, 2016

Turn It Over

The other night my wife and I were talking and we began to talk about the kids and the school year ahead. This school year has us - and them a bit nervous. Shave moved to a new community - one that is double in size from our precious one - one that includes much more cultural diversity - one where they do not know many others. While there is excitement in this "newness", there is also some concern in all our minds. 

So, the other night my wife and I were talking about our concerns and stating that are most concerned about our oldest daughter - who she will befriend and how it might influence her. 

I told my wife, we will have to make sure that she is hanging out with a good group of friends. To which my wife responded, the problem is, we don't know who the good friends are. 

Hours later, as I laid in bed, drifting off to sleep, I thought more about this. It's true, we don't know who the good friends are - we don't know who to point her to  - but God does. And, if we believe that He is in control of every aspect of life - and if we believe that He cares for our children - and  if  we believe that He answers us when we call out to Him - shouldn't we ask Him? 

So, after talking to my wife - and after  worrying about this matter for several hours - I decided to submit it all to God.

Is there anything that is keeping you up tonight? Is there any situation that you wish you could let go of and find peace in? Is there a burden in your life that seems to weigh you down with anxiety or fear? 

Why not turn it over to God? Do it right away. 

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”  Philippians 4:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment