Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who is our president: I finally got it

obama030909payup1a580 
Over the past, I don’t know how many months, I have been receiving email forwards and text messages claiming that Obama is a horrible president. Now, I can say that I was not originally fond off this guy, his platform, or his policies, yet I was careful not to go to the degree to which many did. It seemed to me that shortly after Obama received the Democratic nomination, the comments and accusations that began focused around his past and the fear that many individuals were just being racist and were not truly giving the guy a chance. While I still did not vote for him due to my stance on his issues, I was not as harsh as others were at the time.
Since the time that Obama has taken the office I have received more email forwards than ever before, from family members and from friends, claiming that he is a terrorist and that his aim is to destroy America. Again, many of these emails come with a rather racist attitude and for that reason I tend to delete many of them before even opening and reading them. It seems to me that this world is filled with too much hatred and disgust and that I don’t need it being delivered to my desktop on a daily basis.

Given this, I have been struck with the understanding that Obama really has not done anything significant since taking office. At first I was encouraged by this, knowing that he may go down as a failure of a president and also knowing that if he wasn’t doing anything, than he wasn’t doing anything destructive.
Yet, as I began to read more and more about what he has actually done it occurred to me that he has done quite a lot while not doing much at all. Obama’s budgets and spending sprees have driven America into one of the largest deficits ever. Spending more money than any president ever has and also committing more money to projects that will not prove to benefit our great country in the coming years. Obama truly is aiming to destroy America yet much of the population will not come to realize it until it is far too late. This article really opened my eyes to this fact.
Social Security to start cashing Uncle Sam's IOUs - Yahoo! News
We may, in fact, be living during a time when our president is a terrorist. We definitely are living during the era of the worst president ever!
obama_worst_president_ever_bumper_sticker-p128916824829608318trl0_400

No comments:

Post a Comment