Sunday, September 2, 2012

Humbled, Honored, and Confused

After having preached for a few years now, I know right away if the words I am speaking from the pulpit are not clear or when I am not connecting with the audience. As Professor Howard Hendricks says; “If it is a mist in the pulpit, it is a fog in the pew." 

As I consider this morning's sermon I fear that I may have left our church family with an very unclear message. Yet, I walk away, seeking God's guidance, mercy, and direction for the next time I enter His pulpit. And, when I stand before others proclaiming God's Word next I will, as always be honored and humbled and the opportunity, while being continually confused that anyone would listen for any amount of time to my thoughts and understanding of God's Holy Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment