Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Pain

I started my day praying with a woman who has dealt with severe pain these past few months. I prayed with her as she told me of the pain that she will be facing in the days to come.

.

.

Midway through the day I found myself in a dentist chair receiving treatment for pain that I was personally dealing with - a shooting pain that would not subside.

.

.

Late this evening I received a call from a man who shared of the ongoing pain of grief that he faces with each evening as he lays down and tries to get some sleep.

.

.

Pain. It’s not enjoyable but it is inevitable.

.

.

Pain is the alarm that screams “something is not right”. Pain is the red flag that signals “I have had enough”.

.

.

We each deal with pain in life because we live in a world flooded with sin - a world of selfish desires - a world that is not our home. 

.

.

Pain is the continual reminder that we are hurting. Pain is the continual reminder that treatment is needed. Pain is the continual reminder that we incomplete. 

.

.

Let us be reminded - by our pain - that eternal hope, healing, and wholeness is ours in The Lord. Let us celebrate our pain - as we are reminded of eternal glory.






No comments:

Post a Comment