Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I Think I'll Call My Mom

I haven't called my mom at all this week. Last week I probably called my mom 30 times.

My grandfather passed away last week and I was putting the funeral service together. So, I called my mom several times to run over details about the funeral, and gather information from her. Also, As we were grieving the loss of my grandfather has a family, I felt the need to call her more then normal and just talk.

But, as I think about it now, I haven't called my mom at all this week. She sent me a text message late last week and said she missed hearing my voice. Apparently she too was aware of the increase in the number of phone calls that I gave her last week.

I sometimes wonder if this is how God feels. That when we have a drastic change in our life - something that we are anxious or disturbed over, something that we sense an increased burden or stress over - or if we need something from him, then we call him more than normal. Yet, when things seem to be going just fine in our lives then we somehow forget to call on him, we forget to go before his throne and just visit a little while.

Perhaps it's normal that when things in our lives have changed, when we are anxious or disturbed, when we are heavy burdened or stressed, that we go before God more than normal. But, let us not forget to go before God's throne regularly, let us not forget to visit with him often.

I'm going to go now, I have to pray. And then, I think I'll call my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment