Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Ephesians 3:14-19

The Apostle Paul writes to the church in Ephesians 3:14-19 
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
As I sit in this text today, I was brought to contemplate the process; submit, call, know, and receive. 

Submit - "I kneel" 
Call - "I pray" 
Know - "to know...to grasp" 
Receive - "to be filled" 

I am aware that many days I rush through this process - skipping over one or more of these "steps" and therefore lack the daily filling of Christ.

Lord, help me to submit to You first - to lay down all that I am before You and to give way to Your will in my life. Father, remind me to call out to You - to reach out and connect with You intimately and deeply. Holy Spirit, enlighten me to know Your way and Your desires - give me insight and direction from Your voice. Jesus, let me be filled with You - let me be filled to all fullness if Your love. Amen. Let it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment