Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Such a Time As This

On Tuesday evenings my wife and I host a small group at our home and it is typical for us to prepare coffee for our guests. Last night I decided to prepare the coffee at the church rather than at our house and, for whatever reason, I decided to go over and start the coffee just as the rest of the family sat down for dinner.

As I was finishing the coffee I heard a pipe burst in the restroom and ran in to investigate. What I found was a toilet overflowing, water shooting into the air, and about an inch of water on the ground.

As I completed the cleanup it occurred to me how much damage this burst pipe would have caused of I had stuck to the normal routine. No one would have noticed the gushing water for 15 hours!

Then it struck me; I was here for such a time as this. The same can be said of each one of us, we are here at this time, in this place for such a time as this. Each of us has a purpose and a calling to fulfill. But, none of us will ever know what our purpose is unless we are listening for and listening to The One that had created us, determined our purpose, and guided our path.

Are you listening for and listening to The One that leads you to such a time as this?

No comments:

Post a Comment