Saturday, March 10, 2012

When does worship become common?

Maybe you don't go to church on a regular basis. Maybe you, like many Americans, make it to church twice a year. If this is you, forget about reading this post.

The group I want to target with this post are the "regular attenders" and especially the "members" of our churches in America. See I grew up in the church and over the years I have been to a lot of churches and I have attended a lot of "worship services".

The issue I have is that some of the, so called, "worship services" forget the worship and when a person leaves they feel like they have done a service just by sitting through the hour.

THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

The question I was struck with this evening; "when does worship become common". When does a person begin to take for granted the opportunity to stand before The God of all creation? And, the most important question; what does a person do about it? How does a person that finds themselves taking the presence of The Living God for granted get back to a state of authentic worship and a true awe of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment