Saturday, May 12, 2012

Overcoming demons through belief and prayer

I was reading from the 9th chapter of the Gospel of Mark the other day and the account of Jesus healing the boy with the evil spirit (vs. 14-32) caught my attention. 


vs. 24;  Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”


When we go to pray for healing - physical, emotional, relational, or spiritual - we must start by praying that Christ will help us overcome our unbelief. 


vs. 29; Jesus replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.”


It is often the case that prayer and deep commitment to prayer is the thing that is discarded when a person is aiming to overcome a demon in their life. 


Jesus, help me to overcome my unbelief.


Jesus, help me to remain commited to prayer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment