Monday, October 20, 2014

Tired of The Construction


I don't want to complain BUT...the construction in our town is "driving" me crazy! Main Street has been torn up for over a month now.

·        there is a huge gulf on one side of the street that I'm afraid I'm going to catch my front tire on and flip my car over. 

·        there are those huge orange barrels that we have to navigate around to avoid

·        the main traffic light near our house has been a 4-way stop for a almost a month and you never know when you'll get stopped by the construction going on and add several minutes to any trip

·        many of the turn lanes through town are nonexistent - either that or the side roads are inaccessible due to the construction 

 

I'M TIRED OF IT!

 

I think about the construction on Main Street, and I consider the words of Isaiah 57:14; "Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people."  Then it occurs to me that many of us try to live our lives in the midst of construction - in the midst of broken roads, huge orange construction barrels, stopped traffic and traffic jams, and inaccessible roads. 

I'M TIRED OF IT!

"Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people."

 

·        When there is a huge gulf on the side of the road we operate in fear; fear of what might lie ahead, fear of being drifting off, fear of crashing. 

·        When there are huge orange barrels in the middle of the road we are restricted; having to carefully navigate; change lanes, take detours, restricted to the lanes these barrels keep us in

·        When there is constant construction traffic we are frustrated; we stop moving; we stop growing, we stop moving

·        When the turn lanes and side roads are closed, we lose access; to God's joy for us, God's power in us, and God's peace over us

 

I'M TIRE OF LIVING MY LIFE LIKE THIS! ARE YOU? 

 

"Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people."

 

Build up the road to GodRemove the obstacles in your life

 

Isaiah 57 goes on to state that:

 

  • God desires to revive your spirit and your heart (15)
  • God desires to heal you and restore comfort to you (18)
  • God desires to grant you rest and peace (21)
 
Build up the road to GodRemove the obstacles in your life
 
What are the obstacles in your life that keep you for true peace?
  • What are the obstacles in your life keeping you for God?
    • Let God remove these obstacles for you.
      • Stop living a life of limitation
      • Take full access of God’s life for you

No comments:

Post a Comment