Saturday, June 4, 2016

Prayer of a Child

I sometimes feel like my children have more faith than I do. 

Friday morning I was on my way home with my two sons - one five, the other seven - when we came upon a car wreck. As we passed the accident I realized that I recognized both parties involved and I decided to stop. Pulling my truck into the gas station I told my sons; "Stay here, I'll be right back". 

Ten minutes later - after speaking with those at the scene of the accident - I returned to my truck and found my sons talking. Zion tells me right away; "We prayed for them dad, and also we prayed that they get a new car for free". 

I was I proud of my boys for committing this to prayer right away. But I was also convicted by the fact that I did not think to pray for the situation myself. 

Today - after speaking with one of the women from the accident - I told my boys; "They are doing great and they said thank you for your prayers". And I added; "Oh, and they may get a new car paid for by their insurance company". 

I will never forget their response. Both gave a fist pump in the air and an excited "YES". Then Zion says, in a very mature fashion; "Well dad, we did pray for that. What did you expect?"

sometimes feel like my children have more faith than I do. I sometimes pray that God would give me a "childlike faith". 

God, give me the awareness of the needs around me. Give me the knowledge to know when to pray. Give me the wisdom to know how to pray. Give me the boldness to pray big prayers. Give me the confidence to know You will answer. And give me the faith to trust in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment