Friday, May 20, 2011

God Is Good

This past Sunday I had the wonderful honor of baptizing nine individuals into the body of Christ. This was a high point for me for a number of reasons; (1) it was the first time I have gotten to baptize anyone, (2) it was the first time a baptism had been done within the walls of our church, (3) it was the most youth that have ever been baptised at any one time in our church, (4) it hit a record attendance of 120 this past Sunday morning.

Around Easter our youth directors began to speak to the students about the importance of establishing a relationship with Jesus and the importance of following Him with their lives. Over a ten day period, between April 15th and April 24th (Easter Sunday) we saw 24 people recommit or commit for the first time to serving Jesus Christ with their lives, eight of which were youth. Our youth directors and I began to talk about the importance of baptism and when the students were asked they responded in a big way.

I had the privilege of speaking with them the Wednesday prior to the service, explaining baptism and hearing their stories of dedication, commitment, and journey with Jesus and I was overwhelmed.

Sunday was a wonderful day for those that were baptised, for our church family, and for myself. Praise God, He is great and greatly to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment