Monday, August 26, 2013

Missing My Jr. Reading Partner

I made a commitment to read through The New Testament during month of August. Not a huge or weighty commitment - it comes out to 9-10 chapters per day. 

Our daughter also started back to school this month which has brought with it an earlier bedtime. Several days this monthour daughter  has had difficulty going to sleep. 

Late one night, as she sat with me in my recliner, I began to read my Bible. Not wanting to keep her up I began to read to myself. It didn't take long before she asked me to read aloud to her. So, we began in Acts and I read aloud to her as she went to sleep.

The next night we put her to bed, tucked her in, prayed with her, and said "good night". less than twenty minutes later she walked out with her blanket, ready to hear the second half of Acts read to her. 

This has continued night after night. I have looked forward to this every night this month as she walks out to me or calls for me to read, saying; "where are we going to start reading tonight". 

As I said, I have looked forward to this every night this month. But tonight, I am out of town and I am missing my jr. reading partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment