Monday, December 12, 2011

We Have Jesus

If you have ever read the account of Job you know the horrible suffering, pain, and despair that he faced. But you also know of his words during this time of anguish and how he refused to curse God. At one point, when it seemed like he could handle it no more, he speaks of God and says;

“He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer Him, that we might confront each other in court. If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together, someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that His terror would frighten me no more. Then I would speak up without fear of Him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot." (Job 9:32-35)

"If only there someone to mediate between us" - "Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance —now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant." (Hebrews 9:15)

"someone to bring us together" - "But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

"someone to remove God's rod from me" - Jesus "was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)

"so that His terror would frighten me no more" - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

"but as it stands now with me, I cannot" - in Christ Jesus we have now what Job never did - we have Jesus; our mediator, our unified, our sacrifice, and our peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment