Monday, January 6, 2014

Change In Perspective

I sat at the dinner table after supper tonight. The kids had finished and gone downstairs to play. My wife had gone to the kitchen to begin the evening cleanup and dishes. 

As I sat I looked at our living room - the main gathering room of our home, which I have sat in and looked at for the past three and a half years. But this evening the living room appeared different. 

Our living room looked different for one reason; I was sitting with my head bent upside-down. Suddenly the entire room changed - the window height was different, the pictures hung differently, the ceiling took the place of the floor, and everything was reversed. 


Then I began to think about perspective. There are various areas of our lives that we become comfortable in, areas that we look at and deal with almost every day. 

But what if our perspective is altered just a bit and we look at these areas differently? What if we force ourselves to take on fresh eyes in order to see everything in a new way? Either this can change the reality of our situation - causing us to approach life and deal with situations differently - or it could confirm that what we are doing is working - that it is, in fact the best way. 


So, what areas of you life or your present reality need a bit of altering or questioning? Perhaps a change in perspective - even for a moment - is what is required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment