Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Walk Through ISU

This afternoon I had some extra time in my schedule. This is not typical! My wife and kids are away and I found myself in Terre Haute with two hours to spend. What was I to do? I did not want to waste this time. As I drove through town the idea struck me; "head toward campus". The Indiana State University campus is where both my wife and I went to college.

As I continued through town, headed north, the rain was coming down quite hard. My thought was that I would drive through campus and reminisce about the years spent there. But as I arrived on campus the rain had diminished and the clouds were clearing off. Perhaps I would have a few minutes before the storm continued. I parked and jumped out of the car. 


I ended up spending more than an hour walking through campus, walking more than three and a half miles. As I walked through campus i was reminded of many ways God blessed me in the three short years that I attended college at ISU. 

Indiana State University is not only where my wife and I attended college and received our degrees. The campus is also where we met, where we fell in love, and where I proposed to her. Likewise, it was during my time at ISU that I truly experienced Christ's transformational power in my life and discovered what it meant to live a Christian life. Through Fellowship of Collegiate Christians, I began to lead a campus ministry - skills that I still use today in striving to lead a local church. 

As I returned to the car, I said "thank you Jesus, for leading me to campus today". And, as I climbed in and shut the door, the rain began. A downpour had stopped for over an hour as I walked through campus and reminisced, now it had returned. 

So now I say, thank you Jesus, for blessing me with his widow of amazing weather. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment