Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Long Walks

I remember the early days of dating my wife. We would take long walks almost every evening and it was the highlight of my day. 

Moments spent away from the stress and strain of life. 

The burdens of life still existed, it just seemed as though they didn't matter near as much when it was just the two of us. 

The second night after we met, we walked the track at Indiana State University and ended up sitting on the bleachers - laughing and talking.

It was times such as these - when it was just the two of us - that we became the best of friends, learned about one another's character, and fell in love with each other. It was through our long walks and talks that we realized that we wanted to share life together. 

Over the past 14 years some things have changed - jobs, homes, friends, and family - and with each comes additional responsibility, stress, and burden. I will admit that I have let the romance slip over the years. I have taken less walks, had shorter conversations, and stole her away for fewer dates. 

On our wedding day I vowed to love, honor, and keep her until death separates us. Yet, looking back I have allowed the simple stresses of life to come between us. 

I think I will take my wife out today, maybe we will take a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment